We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join us in delivering on our commitment to improving the quality of care for vulnerable patients in the Netherlands.
Caring for vulnerable people is an essential aspect of our society. It is a symbol of our civilization that we feel the importance of this care. Those who provide this care deserve the best possible support when performing their work. To those, we bring our advanced technology.
Join our mission to provide the best possible software for these professionals so that they can access complete and relevant information in order to optimize their work processes and execute their profession better.
As an Engineering Manager, you will help us continue to scale our engineering efforts. You will work closely with the product owner(s), management team and others to deeply understand business problems and help devise and deliver technical solutions. You will oversee a team of Software Engineers and be responsible for planning and managing how they work. You will be a leader within our organization and instrumental in guiding, mentoring, and growing the engineering team.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and if you are also an excellent communicator or even a public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
How would you if you will:
- Work across teams to understand problems and successfully deliver solutions in a collaborative, iterative, and agile environment.
Lead a team of 17 software engineers and 4 testers in their efforts to build and enhance our web services and applications.
- Participate in technical discussions and reviews to help devise and refine technical solutions.
- Create a collaborative, supportive environment for the team and provide regular coaching, mentoring, and feedback to engineers.
- Set project goals and continue to support and develop your team.
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively.
- Coach individuals on a broad spectrum of topics, from Agile to personal matters
- Supervise engineering deliverables.
- Ensure software engineers and testers are suitably trained to perform all job functions and suitably use project and software-related tools.
Before you make your mind up, what do you know about us, our business and the way we do things differently?
GeriMedica was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from the VU medical center and backed by three large care centers. We believe that good care for vulnerable people and the chronically ill is essential to our society. Our Electronic Medical Record (EMR), called Ysis, is tailor-made for medical professionals working in long-term care. 100+ Healthcare organizations in the Netherlands currently use Ysis, and it integrates with more than 35 external applications.
- in proactive support for our clients
- in an open, appreciative and direct culture
- in investing in new opportunities and ensuring that its impact continues to grow
- in the choices we make, we contribute to a better world. We do business and consume in a sustainable way, we share our prosperity and serve social interests
Now that we’ve told you about GeriMedica, you might ask yourself: Do I have the right experience? If you have:
- Proven leadership skills as a manager/lead to a technical team.
- Prior work experience as a software engineer, lead, or architect (prefer. in Java, JavaEE)
- Deep familiarity with modern software development practices, technologies, and tools. Must be able to engage technically with a team of talented software engineers.
- Strong communication skills with excellent ability to lead and motivate a technical team.
- Collaborative and supportive management style to encourage your team to continually optimize their performance
- Results-driven mindset. You set goals and objectives and offer advice to set your team up for success
- Prior work experience in small or medium-sized businesses is a plus.
How many times did you say YES?
The Good news ...is that if you have read this far, we bet you are a bit like us:
- You are excited about our vision: to create a sustainable impact on healthcare in the Netherlands
- You strive for continuous personal and professional development every day
- You like to work in an informal, non-hierarchical organization- being a fun colleague that takes his/her work seriously too.
- You have a proactive attitude and enjoy flexibility in when and where you work.
- Last but not least, you enjoy a free & healthy daily lunch, you like to celebrate when things go well and have occasional drinks and snacks with your colleagues.
What else is in it for you? Next to what you read above, what do you think about a 'bonus', 'car lease' (electrical vehicle), a pension plan, a commuting allowance, or an education budget? Yes, they are waiting here for you to take full advantage of it!
You’ve just imagined it all?
If we can tell you more about this opportunity, then will you give us a chance?
Ready to apply? Let’s start the personal conversation!